Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Heaven Sent

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

After a conversation with a friend that has been long overdue, I was reminded of several exchange of txt messages that I have had with some people last week. Among a few of the ones that I remembered went as follows:

Mr. C: " Bok, Ms. A has abandoned me...= /

Ms. A:" Hay naku Bok, this is something that I really don't want to talk about right now, but I appreciate your concern."

Ms. A: " Sad ako, tinxt ko siya pero parang casual lang and its like never the same again..."

Ms. L: " Look Bok, Alam mo na ang laki ng tampo ko. I thought we are those few people whose friendship will remain strong... Magmula ng magkaayos sila ni Mr. J, he has ignored me..."

( Not exactly the txt messages ayt. But its the best that I can remeber as I have to clear my phone with the millions of txt messages that I recieve everyday.)

What caught me was the common theme that all of these messages contain. They are all about friends and how things did not exactly went right in the proper course of their respective relationships. My melodramatic personality just can't simply resist the effect of these things to my vulnerable, fragile and emotional chemistry. Why not? These people are close and special to me. They told me these qualms in confidence and I cannot do anything less in emphatizing with them. I feel their sadness and frustrations. Even if some of their problems doesn't concern me, I feel how it is to be in their shoes as I have had my own share of misunderstandings with friends. Some of these friendships, well, I was able to salvage and are still alive even if it took us forever to reconcile, the others are jettisoned not because I chose it as an option but due to some other circumstances. They are now vivid parts of memory lane that I still hold as they were agents of my growth.


It really hurts me when things go wrong with friends. I consider these people as God's angels to witness my life while I spoil it on earth. They help you heal when you are hurt and they guide you to be safe. They do not leave you even if they are not physically felt. They are strongholds next to God against a bad love life, misunderstanding parents, failing grades and more. Your bonds with them keep you young. Friendship is about the meaningful moments shared worth keeping and coming back to and not the frequency of meeting. Good friends are hard to find, harder to leave and impossible to forget.

To Mr. C and Ms. A, I hope you salvage your friendship. You are obviously in a conundrum that I know will make you stronger persons as friends. Put the puzzle pieces together and I hope you see how special you are to each other- as if your messages to me is not enough apparent reality that proves it. Stop missing each other and enough with the deafening silence and enigmatic stares. It only makes me miss the two of you more.Hehehehe

To Ms. L, I am here and you know that. Friendships should makes us stronger individually as we cannot always be present for each other. Be courageous to face your problems and stop hiding behind your excuses. Abandoning you is the last thing that I will ever do to you. My silence is deep but there you will find me. I am your angel.






1 comment:

anna katrina said...

*hug* *hug* *hug*

sobrang na-miss tuloy kita. Alam mo na man what I'm going through diba? Sana nga lang maayos na.

Can't wait to see you again. =)