Monday, July 14, 2008

Aging Younger


I have always been considered mature than most of my age. I don't know if this is something that is inherent from my birth. One is quite certain. I am a product of my environment and whatever inherent capabilities that people find unique in me, these are by products of the world that I live in. A perfect symbiosis of variables to create the ideal person with whom people relate with as Voltaire.


My idealism is a result of a lot of things that I have endured and surpassed. As I grew older, I realize the potential that is given to me- to see things more than what they are. Henceforth, I am the Voltaire that my school, family and community have. This is premised with what Karl Marx said about history. Our history is a history of struggle. Our lives therefore is all about struggle and it is a cycle that is undeniable. Problems arise and as humans we live up to being cerebral managing to conquer odds that were once unconquerable. The geniusness that is humanity always persists both to its own advantage and disadvantage. I live in constant struggle and so does everyone else. What makes me unique is the resolve to challenge and simply not be victimized by the untowardness of this cycle. To remain moot.


But despite this personal resolve, I can't deny that reality is far too harsh than what my idealism can sustain. I feel alone and sad that more people like myself, young and august, are slowly being eaten up by this monstrosity. I surely cannot blame them. When the clarion's call for the game of survival begins, all wants to be in the safer side. This is not at all cowardice. While most of them stand to fight, some are just to tired to continue on.Is this the right instinct if we are already talking of one's survival?Can people not manage to become bigger than this odd?


After the dusk has settled I know that there is still hope and this is what I am holding on. I hope to be able to live my dream and I am going to take risks. This hope is always worth fighting for. This is the hope that more people like me still exists. This is the hope that younger people like myself will not give up in building a society where we can all live in harmony and prosperity. This is the hope that we will not stop in becoming vigilant and wise in our times. This is the hope that people will not loose that idealism which makes us all young. This is the hope that someday I will realize my dreams and emancipate myself with the person that I love.


Voltaire of France has done well in holding on to this hope- giving impetus to the French Revolution and liberated the estates from the monarchy. I am not in anyways comparable to him except for the name that we both have, an accident cause by my parents naming me after him. However existence is not an accident. I am blessed with so many things - this is not chance alone. Hope is what keeps me alive and so shall it remain until I breath no more.


A new Candide at hand.


To whom much is given, much is expected in return.



No comments: