Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Filling in the kid in me and sharing my idealism




It was a fruitful December. I had the chance to celebrate a Christmas Party with the children of Virlanie Foundation together with my batch mates from the Ayala Young Leader's Network.

I don't know with my friends but some of the pictures are prophetic I think... (hehehehe.. batchmates please judge!)

We had fun teaching the kids about hygiene and proper manners. We also had fun eating with the little ones who will hug you really tight like koala bears never wish to let go of a eucalyptus branch. The others were simply too curious to know what is inside the loot bags that we are giving away- only to find out that there aren't any chocolates inside! Thanks to Noe, we filled them with unilever products! hahahaha. Although, we also gave them what will truly make them smile- yes! Chocolates, candies, books and other Christmas surprises!


The party is not all about frolicking. It is very special to me as I saw once again the importance of being young and hanging on to idealism. As long as there are people out there who will not give up on their dreams for a better world, there will always be something that is worth hoping and fighting for.

No comments: