Monday, June 9, 2008

Bujoy and Toni





Some of the greatest love stories would not have been complete without the protagonist who bridged the gap between the two lovers separated by untoward instances. Their roles in movies and in books are less appreciated but to my mind they bear the most cumbersome of roles. They stand witness to the most romantic of love stories, filling their hearts with all empathy and making real the moments that were once held by the flicking negativity of the plot.


Things are easily said than done. I have to confess that I have my own- "Bujoy" in my own love story. She is the most understanding of all people that stand witness to the love that I share with my special someone. If mine was a part of a movie tandem, she would be my number one fan- updated about any premiere that I am to make. Likewise, she is the accomplice in my efforts to make my love felt as it will be close to impossible for me to act in wanted proximity to my lover. The theatrical production is fully orchestrated by her for our play to begin, signalling music to queue and for each curtain to rise- and at the middle are the stars. Indeed, it is my love story. While me and my lover are elated to nirvana she is left to the mundane-unnoticed.

Although this is her role, the Bujoy of my story- definitely is not less appreciated. I owe her my happiness and the success of every premiere that I make. If all that I have is a blessing in having to love and be loved in return- I wish all that I cherish be blessed with the same bounty. I refuse to call her" Bujoy" but I'd prefer her to be called "Toni". I know you are capable of believing in the magic of cupid, his bow and arrow.

To Bujoy/ Tony- you deserve to have your own happines and love. Never shy away from love when it knocks unto your door. To experience it all is worth every ounce of whatver sacrifice you bear. To love is only for the strong and so be brave- for the weak can only do so much when they fall inthe pitfall of insanity after not being able to climb back to reality after any broken love. It is fatalism. Invest to trust not only based on your own benevolence but also on your own conviction of capability. Eventually make such transcend to faith. This makes any love story eternal- as romances only last a lifetime, the spirit of their romance is forever.

No comments: